Time Trial Championship

All the news from Fullarton Wheelers
Guy_Walker
Directeur Sportif

Time Trial Championship

Postby Guy_Walker » Sun 29 Apr, 2018 6:46 pm

Fullarton Wheeler's fielded a large contingent of riders in this Sunday's CTT Scotland District 10 mile TT Championship. Held on the flat, fast, and popular Westferry course near Greenock, the event saw the winner, and four others, break the 20 minute barrier: that’s an average speed in excess of 30 mph…on a bike! Fullarton racer Chris Staples decided now was the time to come out of retirement to take third place in the veteran over 50 category in a superb time of 22 minutes 16 seconds. He was followed just four seconds later by fellow veteran Gordon Graham. Despite being at least ten years younger, despite appearances, Club Chairman Derek Skinner couldn’t quite match his more experienced teammates but was the only other Fullarton rider to crack the 23 minute barrier with 22:49. It is a measure of the championship standard that over forty other riders were crammed into the three minutes or so which separated Skinner from the winning time. Stevie Watters hit the finish line in 23 minutes dead – so close – while Alan Duncan sped through in 23:17. Popular Dalry-based fast man Scott Alexander McKendrick finished in a disappointing (for him) 25:20. "I got a 23:56 a couple of weeks back, then I pulled my back on hill reps the following weekend. Was okay on the bike but the dismount was comical." Special mention goes to Nat Hunter who beat the 25 minute mark with 24:56, enough for fifth placed female. Catherine Logan, meanwhile, wasn't far behind with 25:32, which was enough for eighth place. Bringing up the rear were Jim Seenan (26:16) and Gordon Raleigh (26:51).
Attachments
Chris Staples National 10 TT.JPG
Chris Staples National 10 TT.JPG (39.55 KiB) Viewed 282 times
I've got six gears and I'm not afraid to use them...!

Return to “News Items”