Arran provisionally for Sunday 28th August.

Plans for club runs throughout 2011 - this is the place for full details for club members - please always check the website for the latest updates
D. McL.
Grizzled old pro

Arran provisionally for Sunday 28th August.

Post by D. McL. » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi All,

After some discussion last night at Drybridge, we suggested a second outing round the Isle of Arran on Sunday 28th weather permitting.

It's unusual to only have been round only once this year and we are into the last week of August now. :shock:

It would be good to have another trip across before the summer has gone. 8-)

Please give us some feedback on this and I'll post it accordingly in the General section for public display no later than Friday evening. :D

Cheers
D. McL.

Michael Curran
Directeur Sportif

Re: Arran provisionally for Sunday 28th August.

Post by Michael Curran » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 6:43 pm

What ferry would we be getting Davie? Would love to head over to arran, but I'm nightshift the night before so might not make it.

Graeme McNay
Grizzled old pro

Post by Graeme McNay » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 6:56 pm

Hello David,
Arran sounds splendid to me. I'll be there as long the weather's reasonable.
Graeme.
P.S. Michael, we usually aim for the 09.45am ferry.(Meeting at Ardrossan at 09.20am). Hope you can make it.

Hyland
Domestique

Post by Hyland » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 7:03 pm

Thats good for me,
was planning a run round Summer isle this week, will save my fare til sunday weather permit, i will look oot the window to give you upto date weather ;)
will it be a two group affair, or a bunch with cake stop in mind at Machrie. i would be happy to get round with out stop, missing ferry's realy bugs me :roll: .

c u sun.

H.

D. McL.
Grizzled old pro

Post by D. McL. » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:05 pm

Thanks for the quick response,

As Graeme said earlier it would be the 9.45am crossing, there are no earlier sailings on Sundays.

We can split the group if there are enough bodies and according to abilities.

We normally have a quick pit stop at Machrie to re-fuel before tackling the second half of the route,If anyone prefers to hammer on then we will be thinking of you when we are tucking into a nice slice of carrot cake ;)

We should have plenty of spare time on arrival back at Brodick to catch the 1640hrs back to Ardrossan.

Rumour has it that there is to be high pressure building for the weekend and next week :D

Lets hear from some more of Fullarton's finest.

Cheers.

Michael Curran
Directeur Sportif

Post by Michael Curran » Tue 23 Aug, 2011 9:02 pm

Cool, if the weather's decent then I'll be there. Gives me enough time for a few hours sleep before heading over for the boat! :?

Gordon_Graham
Directeur Sportif

Post by Gordon_Graham » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi David,

Like yourself, I've entered the Sam Dooley 25. I don't know if anyone else from Fullarton has entered. It's a 9am start but I'm sure we could manage to catch the 1230 Ardrossan ferry, ride over the string road and meet the rest of the gang at Machrie around 2pm.

The ferry arrives at Brodick at 1325 so it would have to be a fast 9 mile ride over the hill to Machrie. If they leave Machrie before this, we could surely catch them by the Lochranza climb.

Of course, it would mean lunching on the boat and missing the feed at Machrie but maybe one of the guys will put a bit of carrot cake in their back pocket for you :D

Just a thought.

Cheers, GG.

D. McL.
Grizzled old pro

Post by D. McL. » Wed 24 Aug, 2011 7:23 pm

I'll tell you what Gordon, you've got it all worked out. Not a minute wasted indeed! :lol:

I did think of perhaps trying to better my fastest time by riding round on my TT bike some day, but not quite as soon as Sunday :?

TT v Road bike? What do you reckon, 10 or 15 minutes quicker over the 56 miles?

Cheers
D. McL.

James_MacMillan
Neo Pro

Post by James_MacMillan » Thu 25 Aug, 2011 7:19 pm

Hi Davie
Arran seems fine to me Look forward to seeing you under a Sinatra blue sky :lol:
JimMacMillan

Gordon_Graham
Directeur Sportif

Post by Gordon_Graham » Fri 26 Aug, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi David,

Looks like a big field for the '25' and I am not off till 10.15am. I think my chances of finishing and rushing down the coast to catch the 12.30 ferry are looking slim. I'd hoped to be off a wee bit earlier than that. You might still make it though :)

Cheers, Gordon.