3 Ferries Run on Sunday 12th June 2011.

Plans for club runs throughout 2011 - this is the place for full details for club members - please always check the website for the latest updates
D. McL.
Grizzled old pro

3 Ferries Run on Sunday 12th June 2011.

Post by D. McL. » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Folks,

Sunday 12th June 2011.

The itinerary is as follows.

STARTING POINT: Meet at Wemyss Bay ferry terminal @ 8.45 - 9.00am.
At this point we will decide on which route you prefer and we will purchase tickets accordingly.

ROUTE A: Board the 10.15am Cal-Mac Ferry to Rothesay. Cycle the circular route on A844 round Bute including a cafe stop at Ettrick Bay and re-group back at the ferry terminal. Distance 22 miles.

ROUTE B: As above, but cycle up to Rhubodach and back down on A886 and re-group at the ferry terminal.
Distance 32 miles.

ROUTE C: Meet at Wemyss Bay ferry terminal. Cycle up the coast to Gourock and board the 10.20am Cal-Mac ferry to Dunoon. Cycle northwards on A815 past Loch Eck to Strachur for a cafe stop. Then onwards on A886 through Glendaruel Forest (road, not a mountain bike trail) and down to Colintraive then board the ferry for the 5 minute crossing to Rhubodach. Cycle down to the ferry terminal at Rothesay where we will ALL re-group again before boarding the ferry for Wemyss Bay to take us back to our STARTING POINT.
Distance 53 miles.

ROUTE D: As above but take right at Port Bannantyne and include cycling round Bute and meet at the ferry terminal for the Wemyss Bay crossing.
Distance 73 miles.

Routes A & B are ideal for beginners to come along and enjoy, with Routes C & D. for the mile munchers

I'll lead route C & D. If there are any riders wishing to do A or B we can select an appropriate leader at Wemyss Bay before we set off.

Let's hope the weather improves for Sunday.

Cheers
D. McL.

D. McL.
Grizzled old pro

Re: 3 Ferries Run on Sunday 12th June 2011.

Post by D. McL. » Tue 07 Jun, 2011 7:05 pm

Names so far for Sunday:

S. Cassidy
G. McNay
G. Stead
G. Gass
R. Sykes
A. Blakely
I. Hackney (possible)
D. McLellan

If the weather is okay I'll cycle over to Wemyss Bay and meet you all there.

Cheers
D. McL.