PITLOCHRY AWAY DAY FINAL CALL, 7th March

Jim Ryland
Directeur Sportif

PITLOCHRY AWAY DAY FINAL CALL, 7th March

Post by Jim Ryland » Tue 23 Feb, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi Folks
Final call for anyone intending to come on our Pitlochry away day, as we need to plan the transport arrangements at next mondays club night. Stephen C & Gordon S have offered to take their vans.
Definite names I have so far are as follows:-
1. Jim Ryland
2. Gordon Stead
3. Davy McLellan (making own travel plans)
4. Stephen Cassidy
5. Ian Hackney
6. George Gass
7. Gordon Graham (making own travel plans)
8. Richard Sykes
Anyone else planning to come please post your intention ASAP.
Arrangements are as follows, leave Irvine at 7am getting to Pitlocry about 9am ish, meet at Escape Route Cycles, 3 Atholl Road, Pitlochry, PH16 5BX. As you come in to Pitlochry from the south the bike shop is 200m after passing under the railway bridge on the left hand side. Parking is available just past the shop on the right next to the tourist info office. A local cafe will open early for anyone wishing a breakfast roll, so I will take an order at mondays club night & phone it in advance on the sunday, so there's no waiting about. We can get a coffee at Kevins shop before we leave, fill water bottles & buy any snacks/gels reqd. A few locals I know plan to come out with us, so should have a good bunch. Plan to leave about 9 45-10 am, main route is 70miles with plenty of scope to shorten if required ( omit Loch Rannoch loop is 48m, will discuss further on the day). See route link below

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... 9538227267

http://www.escape-route.biz/

P.S. I booked the good weather :lol:
Jim R

Drew_Innes
Neo Pro

Re: PITLOCHRY AWAY DAY FINAL CALL, 7th March

Post by Drew_Innes » Sat 27 Feb, 2010 8:48 pm

please add me to list for pitlochry .sounds like a good day out .drew.

Gordon_Graham
Directeur Sportif

Post by Gordon_Graham » Tue 02 Mar, 2010 8:45 pm

Hello Jim,

I injured my shoulder last Thursday (pushing cars in the snow!). It's still painful but has improved a wee bit this week. I've tried a couple of turbo sessions and find it difficult to lean on the bars for any length of time. Hopefully it will have improved by this weekend. I've got two nights accommodation booked in Pitlochry so I'll be coming along on the ride anyway. If I have to cut it short.... so be it.

I'll have my breakfast at the hotel and join you at the bike shop at 0930.

I'm planning to climb Ben Vrackie or Schiehallion on the Saturday if anyone fancies it.

Cheers, Gordon.

john drummond
Neo Pro

Post by john drummond » Wed 03 Mar, 2010 10:22 am

Hi Gordon I might be able to make the walk your planning, are these low level walks you have in mind or do you think it'll be crampons and axes!!? :evil:

Jim Ryland
Directeur Sportif

Post by Jim Ryland » Fri 05 Mar, 2010 10:34 pm

Right gents

Had feedback from the friend of a local expert on road conditions in the Pitlochry area, The Bin Man, Man has informed us our sunday run is good to go. Roads seem to be well gritted with plenty of snow on the hills. So transport as arranged meeting at Sykes house for a full scottish breakfast & on the road for 7 00am SHARP!!
(aim to be there for 6 45am to allow for loading of vans).

Cheers

JR

PS any straglers, there's still space or two in the vans, just phone to claim a seat.

9 fullarton names so far
Hopefully about 5 from Pitlochry area
See you all sunday
Jim R

Brian_Loye
Directeur Sportif

Post by Brian_Loye » Sat 06 Mar, 2010 9:35 am