Monday runs/summer at Gailes

All information relating to regular club nights
Michael_Allen
Directeur Sportif

Monday runs/summer at Gailes

Postby Michael_Allen » Sun 19 Apr, 2015 6:57 pm

Towards the end of last summer we enjoyed different groups on a Monday, It seemed popular and was beginning to work
If usual numbers we could have three groups usually of around 8 to 10 riders for safety
Smaller groups are safer, more relaxing to ride in and will give more opportunity to take turns on the front, work on skills, etc.

So for example if we have enough for three groups

Group 1 -Leaves 6.50-steady pace- working together
,but with faster experienced riders taking there turn occasionally in a slower group for them, spreading knowledge ,assistance,road skills and letting other riders enjoy riding and learing from riders they would not mormally keep up with.It may work out at only once or twice a summer , and would be a way of giving something back to the club by helping to bring on other club riders.

Group 2= Steady to fast 7pm ,working together

Group 3- Could leave at 7 also and lap the crit once before beginning the chase
Fast pace working together
This could be race training for the club,(coaches) or just a fast run

1.Timings can be changed as we get used to it,and we fine tune over the summer.

2.I would suggest that the only reason someone would change groups is if they were struggling to stay with their original group.It gets messy and riders could be isolated if you all jump groups.
If you want to go faster try a faster group the next week

3.This could encourage all members, as there is something for all,new nembesr to youths potentially making there first steps up to the senior ranks, slower members ,and riders who want to get faster, could try a faster group
It could also help with race training for the Fullarton express guys.

Me and George have put eight general routes ,on the forum ,and we plan on handing out laminated copies to those who want them,
See Monday route 1 to 8 on the routes part of the forum
(Put together by Broadfoot,staples and co)
All runs average 25 miles,and can be run in reverse .

George will judge the weather,etc and post the proposed route number on the forum on Early Monday

Lets see how this works

Michael & George
Tomorrow we ride

Michael_Allen
Directeur Sportif

Re: Monday runs/summer at Gailes

Postby Michael_Allen » Mon 18 Apr, 2016 6:40 am

Same again this summer
See main post

Mikey
Tomorrow we ride

Gordon_Graham
Directeur Sportif

Postby Gordon_Graham » Mon 09 May, 2016 9:49 am

Anyone going along to Gailes tonight for a run in the sun? I plan to get down for 7pm and happy to plod along at an easy/moderate pace. Forecast says it will be big yellow sun, 24 degC at 4pm, cooling to 20 degC by 7pm.

I think I might be tempted to put the shorts on.

Hopefully a few riders will turn up.

Cheers, Gordon G.

Mark_Kane
Domestique

Postby Mark_Kane » Mon 09 May, 2016 11:39 am

Yeah I'm coming along tonight.

The weather is too good not to!

Mark

Michael_Allen
Directeur Sportif

Postby Michael_Allen » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 4:06 pm

[our popular split group night,last few years, we have enjoyed different groups on a Monday, It seemed popular and was beginning to work
If usual numbers we could have three groups usually of around 8 to 10 riders for safety
Smaller groups are safer, more relaxing to ride in and will give more opportunity to take turns on the front, work on skills, etc.

,but with faster experienced riders taking there turn occasionally in a slower group for them, spreading knowledge ,assistance,road skills and letting other riders enjoy riding and learing from riders they would not mormally keep up with.It may work out at only once or twice a summer , and would be a way of giving something back to the club by helping to bring on other club riders.

2.I would suggest that the only reason someone would change groups is if they were struggling to stay with their original group.It gets messy and riders could be isolated if you all jump groups.

3.This could encourage all members, as there is something for all,new nembesr to youths potentially making there first steps up to the senior ranks, slower members ,and riders who want to get faster, could try a faster group

Me and George, have put eight general routes ,on the forum ,and we plan on handing out laminated copies to those who want them,
We will add an additional 4 routes soon

We will judge the weather,etc and post the proposed route number on the forum on Early Monday

Michael & Sean
Tomorrow we ride

Michael_Allen
Directeur Sportif

Postby Michael_Allen » Sun 09 Apr, 2017 4:22 pm

Annual Monday night post
Let's go fast
Mikey
Tomorrow we ride

Michael_Allen
Directeur Sportif

Postby Michael_Allen » Tue 25 Jul, 2017 6:05 pm

[

Thought I would repost Monday run quide, which me qnd George made up, it's worked and is popular
Stick to your group, and therefore pick a group according to your cycling ability, or try the faster group if you fancy stepping up,and also take your turn as slower group passing on experience, and using it as recovery after a racing weekend
It maybe slower group will leave earlier, and then gives more time between groups

quote="Michael_Allen"]Towards the end of last summer we enjoyed different groups on a Monday, It seemed popular and was beginning to work

Me and George have put eight general routes ,on the forum ,and we plan on handing out laminated copies to those who want them,

George will judge the weather,etc and post the proposed route number on the forum on Early Monday

Lets see how this works

Michael & George[/quote]
Tomorrow we ride

Return to “Club Nights”